Back to Top
Man jumping through the air

​​New to TAFE? Starting a course with us is an exciting time. We aim to give you a hands-on education that will have you job ready when you walk out our doors. We will take you through the things you need to know and do so that you can start studying with Australia's leading vocational education provider.

How to Enrol
The first step is to visit Browse Courses, where you can find specific information for each course including entry requirements, attendance patterns and enrolment session details.
At the enrolment session, we will provide you with advice on your eligibility for training subsidised by the NSW Government, the fees applicable for your course, payment options and assist you to complete your enrolment. We can also check your eligibility for fee concessions, exemptions and Smart and Skilled Fee-Free Scholarships.
Students enrolling in nationally recognised training require a Unique Student Identifier, or USI. Your USI links to an online account that contains all your training records and results that you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards.
We offer a range of support services for our students, including careers counselling and pathways, disability support and the Aboriginal Learning Circle. If you need support, make sure you ask at the enrolment session so we can help you make the most of your time with us.
When you begin your studies at TAFE NSW, you'll be given further information about assessment and how your results will be recorded and reported. Information about assessment is provided in the guide Every Student's Guide to Assessment i​​n TAFE NSW.​ 

tudents Seeking a Fee Exemption on the Basis of Disability
A student who is seeking a fee exemption on the basis of disability will need to provide one of the following, on the day of enrolment:
- a letter or income statement from Centrelink confirming receipt of Disability Support Pension with CRN,
- a current Disability Pensioner Concession card with CRN, and
- documentary evidence of training support requirements.
This evidence must be a letter or statement from either a medical practitioner, an appropriate government agency or Disability Service provider, or a specialist allied health professional including a rehabilitation counsellor, psychologist, speech pathologist, occupational therapist or Irlen Diagnostic clinic.
The letter could be in the following form: "This is to confirm that (name) has a disability and the nature is such that training support is/may be required to complete their course."
Online uniform ordering
We are currently rolling out an online uniform ordering website for students in selected study areas to order their uniforms online. Click here to view the uniform categories available and place an order!
Every student who enrols in TAFE NSW is issued with a student identification card, or TAFEcard. Your TAFEcard displays your photograph, name and learner number. It also functions as your library card.
With a TAFEcard you can:
- Collect your student travel pass
- Use photocopiers
- Access student computer labs
- Be identified as a student at NSW TAFE locations
- Be identified as a student for examinations
You can collect your TAFEcard from the customer service centre at any of our locations. To be issued a TAFEcard you will need to be photographed and provide proof of your enrolment at TAFE NSW.
Remember to keep your TAFEcard safe. It doesn’t expire, and replacements are issued at a cost.