Respect is the key to what it is that makes TAFE a fantastic place to study. As students, you have the right to an education in a safe environment, free from harassment and other discrimination. We have a range of careers and counselling services as well as support services so you can get the most out of your study.
Students have a right to:
- Be treated fairly and with respect;
- Learn in an environment free of discrimination and harassment;
- Learn in a supportive and safe environment;
- Have access to counselling;
- Have personal records kept private, subject to statutory requirements;
- Be given information about assessment procedures at the beginning of the subject;
- Make a complaint to any staff member without fear of victimisation;
- Receive feedback on progress.
Students have a responsibility to:
- Treat other people with respect and fairness;
- Do all assessment tasks and examinations honestly, without any form of cheating;
- Do all assessment tasks by the due date or be granted an extension of time if there are exceptional circumstances;
- Return or renew library resources on time;
- Follow normal safety practices, eg wear approved clothing and protective equipment and follow directions both written and verbal given by TAFE NSW staff;
- Not damage or steal property;
- Not enter the Campus with drugs, alcohol, weapons or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Not disrupt classes or use mobile phones in the classroom;
- Not to do anything that could offend, harass, embarrass or threaten others.
Show concern and respect for others by:
- Not swearing in classrooms and other learning areas
- Not smoking in Campus buildings, walkways, stairwells, verandas, doorways and cafeteria areas in accordance with NSW Government Policy
Disciplinary action may be taken against any student who breaches TAFE NSW regulations.
TAFE NSW does not generally accept liability for claims arising from injuries to students unless it can be established that TAFE NSW has a liability at law. This includes industrial visits, excursions and field trips.
Students who independently arrange for work placement outside their course should obtain Voluntary Workers' Personal Accident Insurance from insurance companies.