Back to Top
Smiling student
‚Äč‚ÄčInternational Secondary School Qualifications
Your overseas secondary school qualifications may help you with entry into a TAFE course, other educational courses such as at university, or employment.
International Tertiary Qualifications
You need to meet the entry requirements of a TAFE NSW course before you can enrol.
You may need to gain an Australian trade qualification for licensing purposes. 
You may already have gained the skills and knowledge of some units in your course through study overseas.   
If you have an overseas qualification, we will assess them at your request when you are enrolled in a course. Your translated documents, and any information you can give us about your studies, will be used in the assessment. Please also tell us about any work you have done. If you cannot provide the right documents, you may be able to do a test to demonstrate your skills. 
This is called Recognition of Prior Learning or RPL.
For more information, contact your Head Teacher. The Multicultural Coordinator or a student counsellor may also be able to assist you.

Translating Your Documents

Your documents and qualifications will need to be certified, and must be in English, or translated into English. There may be a charge for this service.

Translations can be done by the following organisations:

Multicultural NSW Language Services 
Interpreting and Translation
Phone: 1300 651 500

Translating and Interpreting Service
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Phone: 131 450

Useful Links

The Commonwealth Department of Education and Training has information for holders of overseas qualifications.