Back to Top
Smiling student with arms folded

​Many students at Hunter TAFE are university graduates and increasing numbers of TAFE students are continuing their studies at university.

For other university study, you can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).

TAFE NSW offers Associate and Bachelor degrees in some course areas, and your TAFE studies may give you credit into a degree at TAFE.

Credit at Australian Universities
The TAFE NSW website shows the credit arrangements between TAFE NSW courses and universities in Australia.
Many Australian universities have agreed to give a minimum of 33% credit in a 3 year degree for students with a relevant Diploma from TAFE. You can only claim the credit once you have been accepted into a course or program at University.

Credit at the University of Newcastle