Our Newcastle English Language Centre is an authorised Cambridge English Language Assessment centre. We also offer pathway English courses to help students continue onto further vocational studies at TAFE. This Centre operates 50 weeks of the year with a full range of study options available to all students, even those on visas other than student visas.
Our programs include:
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAMS, BEGINNERS TO ADVANCED
(2-50 weeks, 20 hours per week) CRICOS #069146A
This course includes a 3-hour morning session during which you study from an internationally-recognised EFL textbook, with an afternoon class focused on exam practice.
CAMBRIDGE EXAM COURSES
• Certificate of Proficiency (CPE) - part-time
• Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
• First Certificate English (FCE)
• IELTS Preparation
• Occupational English Test (OET) evening classes for test practice available on demand
These challenging exam courses are stimulating and demanding, and, upon successful completion, lead to an internationally-recognised exam qualification. In most cases, they also lead to improved study and employment opportunities.
All our teachers are fully qualified and highly experienced. Our motto is friendly professionalism, and you will find teachers welcoming, helpful and friendly at all times.
Newcastle English Language Centre students have access to all campus student facilities.
• pleasant spacious classrooms
• a modern library with access to books and audio-visual material, internet, smartboard, website
with current catalogues
• a lively, interesting weekly activities program especially arranged for our English students
• an international student common room with a ping pong table, comfortable lounges, computers with internet - a special place where students can meet, relax and study
• tea and coffee making facilities are available in the international student kitchen
• easy access to public transport, including bus stops near the campus, with the nearest train station, Hamilton Station, about 8 minutes’ walk from our Language Centre.
Newcastle English Language Centre students have access to all of our support services, including:
• International student programs – learn more about courses you can study;
• a professional student counselling service – professionally qualified counselling staff assist when you need someone to discuss personal problems with, or if you need careers advice;
• accommodation finding service – accommodation options are homestay, shared accommodation,
renting your own house or apartment;
• airport pick-up service – door-to-door airport pick up is available to and from Sydney Airport;
• job finding service – one of our friendly teaching staff is available to help you find a job. There is no guarantee of employment, but we do what we can to assist.
If you have a tourist visa, you can study English full-time or part-time up to 13 weeks, and a working holiday visa allows you to study full-time or part-time up to 17 weeks.
You should allow approximately AU$1,200 per month for living costs. You do not have to buy your own textbook, but need to have a dictionary. We supply you with a textbook which you borrow for the duration of your course.
For further information on our tuition fees, please click here to download the application form.