Hunter TAFE is home to the award-winning Newcastle English Language Centre. This Centre operates 51 weeks of the year with a full range of study options available to all students, even those on visas other than student visas.
Our programs include:
Intensive English (Beginners to Advanced)
Occupational English Test (OET) Evening classes for test practice available on demand
English Preparation for High School
English for Business Purposes
Cambridge English Exam Courses
Certificate of Proficiency (CPE) - part-time
Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
First Certificate English (FCE)
BEC Preliminary (Business English Certificate I) / TOEIC Preparation
BEC Vantage (Business English Certificate II) / TOEIC Preparation
All our teachers are fully qualified and highly experienced. Our motto is friendly professionalism, and you will find teachers welcoming, helpful and friendly at all times.
Hunter TAFE Newcastle English Language Centre students have access to all campus student facilities.
• pleasant spacious classrooms
• a modern library with access to books and audio-visual material, internet, smartboard, website
with current catalogues
• a lively, interesting weekly activities program especially arranged for our English students
• an international student common room with a ping pong table, comfortable lounges, computers with internet - a special place where students can meet, relax and study
• tea and coffee making facilities are available in the international student kitchen
• easy access to public transport, including bus stops near the campus, with the nearest train station, Hamilton Station, about 8 minutes’ walk from our Language Centre.
Hunter TAFE Newcastle English Language Centre students have access to all campus support services, including:
• International student programs – learn more about courses you can study at Hunter TAFE;
• a professional student counselling service – professionally qualified counselling staff assist when you need someone to discuss personal problems with, or if you need careers advice;
• accommodation finding service – accommodation options are homestay, shared accommodation,
renting your own house or apartment;
• airport pick-up service – door-to-door airport pick up is available to and from Sydney Airport;
• job finding service – one of our friendly teaching staff is available to help you find a job. There is no guarantee of employment, but we do what we can to assist.
If you have a tourist visa, you can study English full-time or part-time up to 13 weeks, and a working holiday visa allows you to study full-time or part-time up to 17 weeks.
You should allow approximately AU$1,200 per month for living costs. You do not have to buy your own textbook, but need to have a dictionary. We supply you with a textbook which you borrow for the duration of your course.
For further information on our tuition fees, please click here to download the application form.