The preferred pathway for candidates entering this qualifications is the:
* SIR30112 Certificate III in Community Pharmacy.
In the absence of this qualification, the following entry requirements apply.
The candidate must demonstrate employment experience in a community pharmacy
setting, demonstrating the following skills:
- communicating with customers to identify needs
- accepting and delivering prescriptions to and from customers
- applying current specialised product knowledge to recommend and supply pharmacy products and services to customers
- operating within the legislative framework, regulation and protocols that apply to community pharmacy
- recognising and acting on situations or requests that require referral to a pharmacist
- creating and maintaining displays
- merchandising products and performing stock control.