This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge and skills to provide leadership in the pharmacy team; working relatively autonomously under the broad supervision of the pharmacist. They may also coordinate and supervise others in the workplace. The role involves the use of a broad knowledge base incorporating some theoretical concepts and requires the identification, analysis and evaluation of information from a variety of sources.
The flexible structure of the qualification recognises the diversity of business models that characterise the community pharmacy industry. It supports multi skilling and leading or participating in work teams as appropriate to the size and structure of the business.
The preferred pathway for candidates entering this qualifications is the:
* SIR30112 Certificate III in Community Pharmacy.
In the absence of this qualification, the following entry requirements apply.
The candidate must demonstrate employment experience in a community pharmacy
setting, demonstrating the following skills:
- communicating with customers to identify needs
- accepting and delivering prescriptions to and from customers
- applying current specialised product knowledge to recommend and supply pharmacy products and services to customers
- operating within the legislative framework, regulation and protocols that apply to community pharmacy
- recognising and acting on situations or requests that require referral to a pharmacist
- creating and maintaining displays
- merchandising products and performing stock control.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles, such as:
- maintaining store safety and security;
- coordinating sales and customer service;
- leading a team;
- supervising front-of-pharmacy staff;
- coordinating merchandise
For further information please refer to the Recognition area of the Hunter TAFE website.
Students with Disabilities
If you are considering studying with Hunter TAFE and are unsure what impact your disability may have on your study, please feel free to contact Disability Services to find out!
Thanks for visiting! Dates and locations for this course are to be confirmed. Register your interest by clicking the Enquire Now button below or call 131 225 to speak with a member of our team.
Our website is continually updated with new courses and we invite you to check back for updates. Enquire Now
Courses will run subject to resources and demand. For the latest information, check with the appropriate campus, as course availability is subject to review and change.