This qualification is for people who want to work with people with disabilities
in residential group homes, training resource centres, day respite centres and
open employment services, other community settings and clients' homes.
ENROLLING IN FIRST AID UNITS OF COMPETENCY
If you are seeking to enrol in a First Aid unit of competency you are
advised that to complete the unit you must be able to perform basic life
support skills, for example control bleeding and perform cardiopulmonary
resuscitation (CPR). If you have a disability that would prevent you from
performing required basic life support skills you are advised that you will
not be able to achieve the unit of competency.
Many TAFE courses have a compulsory work placement component to assist you to
apply your learning in a practical environment and you may be required to comply
with some (or all) of the following.
1. HEALTH - NSW MINISTRY OF HEALTH - If you are over 18 you will be required to
undertake a National Criminal Record Check. Visit:
services/ criminal records section
- You will be required to sign the NSW Health Student Undertaking where you
agree to notify NSW Health if your status changes after the date of issue of
your National Police Certificate or during the completion of your course.
- You will be required to undertake Occupational Assessment, Screening and
Vaccination against Infectious Diseases and provide your Health Care
Worker/Student Vaccination Record Card.
- You will be required to read and sign the NSW Health Code of Conduct form.
Visit: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/ and type 'clinical placement' in search
2. AGED CARE WORK - As per NSW Health requirements for the National Criminal
3. COMMUNITY AND CHILDREN'S SERVICES - Anyone in child-related work (including