||Part Time Evening
for 52 weeks
|Thanks for visiting! Hunter TAFE is taking enquiries for this course.
Depending on demand, this course may be available to study, part-time evening. Students can discuss options to study flexibly, on campus, with a mix of campus and online or in the workplace.
This training may be subsidised by the NSW Government.
This course is also available as a Traineeship.
We encourage you to enquire now so we can keep in touch with you on when and how to enrol.
Alternatively call us on 131 225
||The 2017 Smart and Skilled Schedule prices are:
First Qualification Fee is $1,120.00
Second Qualification Fee is $1,340.00
The Concession Fee for this course is $160.00. You may also be eligible for a fee exemption. Your eligibility for a concession or exemption will be confirmed at enrolment.
The fees indicated above are based on students who have been approved for training subsidised by the NSW Government. If you do not qualify for training subsidised by the NSW Government, please do not hesitate to contact us on 131 225 to find out how Hunter TAFE can assist you to achieve your study and career goals.
Students can pay their fee upfront or undertake a Hunter TAFE Instalment Plan which will commence at the time of enrolment. A copy of the Hunter TAFE Instalment Plan Agreement can be found on the Hunter TAFE website.
If your employer is covering the cost of your student fees, a letter or purchase order from your employer is required.
Costs associated with work experience and field trips such as food, transport and accommodation will be at the student’s own expense.
The Hunter TAFE Fee and Refund Policy advises students of their obligations with regard to student fees and additional costs, and eligibility requirements for refunds. The policy can be found on the Hunter TAFE website.
- AHCARB205A - Operate and maintain chainsaws
- AHCCHM201A - Apply chemicals under supervision
- AHCCHM303A - Prepare and apply chemicals
- AHCCHM304A - Transport, handle and store chemicals
- AHCINF202A - Install, maintain and repair fencing
- AHCLSK204A - Carry out regular livestock observation
- AHCLSK205A - Handle livestock using basic techniques
- AHCLSK209A - Monitor water supplies
- AHCMOM202A - Operate tractors
- AHCMOM203A - Operate basic machinery and equipment
- AHCMOM204A - Undertake operational maintenance of machinery
- AHCMOM212A - Operate quad bikes
- AHCOHS201A - Participate in OHS processes
- AHCPMG201A - Treat weeds
- AHCPMG202A - Treat plant pests, diseases and disorders
- AHCWRK204A - Work effectively in the industry
- AHCWRK209A - Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
This qualification has become superseded across Australia and an updated version of this qualification will soon be available. This means that Hunter TAFE may continue to deliver the old qualification for 12 months from the date of change. Students enrolling during this time must complete the qualification by the transition date or transition to a new qualification when it becomes available. Transitioning to a new qualification will not result in financial penalty.
Further information will be provided during the time of your enrolment. To talk about transition dates or for help to identify the right course for you, please contact us.
Drop in attendane sessions are conducted at Scone Campus, for theory and some practical classes. Dependant upon units selection, Block release attendance is required for up 2 days.
The units of competency are mainly Chemicals, Tractors, Quad Bikes and Chainsaws.