This course is intended to provide participants with a range of knowledge and skills to identify, design and develop new or improved products for manufacturing.
Participants will perform the following functions associated with industrial design:
- Visualise and create designs for products or processes in response to a design brief
- Design for a range of markets and functions including consumer products, electrical and electronic devices, furniture, lighting, medical and industrial
- Demonstrate technical skills incorporating current and forward looking CAD and 3D software technologies, including rapid prototyping and 3D printing
- Apply knowledge of manufacturing, construction and fabrication processes
- Respond to a range of design briefs
- Organise production
- Incorporate utility, aesthetics, human behaviour and market appeal into design solutions
- Make sketch models and mock ups.